Tuesday, November 4, 2008

What I Hate about Election Day


The top five reasons I can't wait for it to be over.

I know, I know. As this is a food blog, I am supposed to write about food, yes? However, this political election has left me so frazzled that food is the last thing on my mind. Thus, I bring to you the top 5 things I hate about Election Day:

1. Celebratory libations consist of alcohol, alcohol and more alcohol -- at work and on the blogs. Can we say sparkling cider? I hope to get home before the election is called so that I can avoid drunken idiots on Los Angeles' already crowded roads.

2.I got up so early to vote that I didn't have time for breakfast.

3. I am so nervous that nothing seems tasty. Doesn't a Naked Juice count as a full meal?

4. Food creativity? Please. Tonight I will be so glued to CNN that dinner will most likely consist of Ezekiel bread spread with peanut butter.

5. Businesses like Ben and Jerry's and Krispy Kreme are giving out tons of free stuff all over the country. And I am soooo tempted.

UPDATE 9:30 p.m.: Barack Obama took the presidency!!! I can now have my glass of wine in peace.

No comments: