Wednesday, June 18, 2008
Tiramisu's Fiery Chicken
I am afraid of bland food (post traumatic stress from a bad cooking experience), especially chicken. So, when I got an easy recipe from my grandmother for a marinade that she swore was to die for, I was excited to make it until I was finishing the mix. My cooking antennae went up, so I ventured on my own path.
Here's my fiery-hot chicken:
about a 1/2 tsp. of salt
about a 1/2 tsp. of pepper
Three or four pinches of red chile peppers (flakes)
Two tbs. of minced onion
Half stick of butter
Cup of lemon juice
Three cloves of garlic, crushed
Four green onions, chopped
Tsp. of parsley flakes
1 heaping tbsp. of Tony Chachere seasoning.
1. Set your oven on broil (depending on how strong your oven is, you may have to use the lower-temperature function.) Take thawed organic chicken breasts (for however many tummies you need to feed) sprinkle each side with salt, pepper and minced onion.
2. In a separate bowl, mix lemon juice, butter, green onions, chile peppers (more if you like extra spicy), garlic cloves, parsley and Tony Chachere's (which we call cacciatore's in my house).
3. Spray a 17 x 12 x 2 inch glass dish with Pam and lay the chicken inside. Pour half the mixture over the breasts and pop in the oven on the top rack for about 15-20 minutes. Watch it close, 'cuz it can burn fast.
4. Turn chicken, pour the other half of the mixture and pop back in the oven for another 15 minutes.
5. Take out and eat! Is delish with steamed asparagus.